Sunday, March 4, 2012

Creative Hood Ornaments





So far on my journey, I’ve noticed that one of the pluses about the trucking industry is that you get to FULLY customize your rig to fit your personality. For instance, James dreams of having a Viper Blue rig, preferably by Peterbilt, and I’m thinking a giant Psi painted somewhere on the thing (denoting his Kappa Kappa Psi roots). One particular thing that has caught my eye has been the hood ornaments. Most don’t have anything special, just whatever company built on there seems fine, but there are those special few who go out of their way to stand out. While in Ohio I saw a rig with a miniature Rhinoceros head, fully colored and with horns as his hood ornament. At a truck stop in Kentucky there was a chrome hound dog ornament. The stop at Iowa 80 gave me the mother load of a hood ornament SECTION!! 

2 comments:

  1. I would definitely get the big fish...or I would simply find the most insane, ostentatious thing in the whole store.

    Enjoying your blog, jealous of your adventures and missing you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your writing!!! Wonderful!!! Very enlightening and so entertaining!!! Great writer!!!!

    Love you and miss you!!! Please take care!!! Love to James!!!
    Love you bunches,
    Mom! :)

    ReplyDelete